Seriously. My neighborhood is deserted. This is just not right.
So here are my Top 10 Things to do When Everyone Else has Fled the Cold:
10. Get a manicure and pedicure — ask for the tropical package.
9. Catch up on your Facebook creeping. Wear your sunglasses as a disguise.
8. Pick up the dog poo in the yard that has now surfaced from melting snow. Wear shorts and sandals.
7. Deep clean the oven in your bathing suit. Feel the heat.
6. Go to happy hour and order a Sea Breeze or Bahama Mama. Bring your beach hat.
5. Drive with your convertible top down sporting mittens and a parka. Wear sunscreen strictly for the coconut smell.
4. Color your gray roots. Put a little lemon juice on there too, in case a sunbeam comes through the window.
3. Sweep the sand in the garage into a pile, put up lawn chairs, and light your Tiki lights from last summer. Play “Margaritaville” loudly.
2. Take a mental vacation. Watch “Couple’s Retreat”. It takes place in Bora Bora. Sip a fruity cocktail.
AND, THE #1 THING TO DO WHILE EVERYONE ELSE IS ON SPRING BREAK:
1. Research destinations for next year’s spring break trip. Book the sitter.
~ That’s all I’m sayin’. There is simply nothing like beach therapy. I need to go to my happy place.